Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thank You!

Hi all -

First I have to start out by thanking everyone for praying that I would receive my nursing license on time. I received my temporary nursing license from the State of SC on Friday afternoon, called HR 2 minutes later, and had an appt. with HR and Occupational Health for new hire paperwork and a check-up about an hour after that. They were willing to fit me in at the last moment so I could start orientation on Monday. If I hadn't made it in, I would have had to wait another 3 weeks to start....and that would have been three long weeks. So...I start work nursing orientation on Monday! Thank you so much for praying; it all worked out on God's timing and I guess I just needed to have a little faith.

This past week also held a couple of firsts for myself here in Florence. I made my first trip to the dauntingly massive library and my first trip to the Florence Starbucks! (Sarah - it's a really good Starbucks, it has a lot of seating....hehe) The coffee is just as great down here. And even in the heat, my latte was wonderful.

Adam has been busy this week organizing his training room at Wilson High School, and working the Dixie Youth Little League Baseball Tournament. This week ahead holds more of the baseball tournament (in 95 degree heat) and the start of two-a-day football practices on Friday. Yippee! (not)

Prayer requests for the week:
- Pray for Leah as she starts orientation, and getting back into the groove of working again.
- Pray actual nursing license comes from the state, and that the state of MI sent their portion to SC.
- Pray for Adam as he is still figuring out his schedule and keeping it all straight each day.
- Pray for Adam as two-a-days start up and working with the coaches and athletes.

Goodnight friends and family! Love you!

Leah

1 comment:

  1. Praise God about your nursing license getting there on Friday last week! How is your 1st week going, Leah?

    Praying for you both. Sounds like you guys are getting into the routine of things and adjusting. Please let me know if you 2 need anything or whatever. Miss and love you guys!

    ReplyDelete