Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wedding Weekend in GR



Hey y'all!

Sorry it's been a couple days, but Adam and I have been busy! This past weekend we flew back to GR for a little time with family and to celebrate my cousin Erica's wedding. Adam and I flew out on Friday afternoon, and eventually made it into GR after a couple delays with flights. Let's just say after this weekend's flying experiences - I'm so over flying for at least a little while. Airports just aren't that cozy to be spending that much time in them. So anyway...we made it and spent late Friday night and early Saturday morning with our Ploeg family. Nice to see everyone again!

Erica and Phil's wedding was beautiful! The wedding was in the afternoon and the reception was held later at Egypt Valley Country Club. It was a great time (see pictures :-). I've never witnessed my Mom dance that much; my favorite being the conga line - watching everyone (including my mother and Uncle Bill) prance around with sombrero's on their heads. Classic.
It was really nice to be able to see our family again so soon - not easy to say good-bye again, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Adam and I were exhausted on Sunday after flying out of GR at 6am. Once again we had a delay at the airport - that made us really cheery. Once we got home we immediately went to bed and slept for a couple hours then relaxed for the rest of the evening.

I don't have any stories about any recent ventures out in Florence because I haven't been able to explore for the past couple days because my cars been in the shop. Hopefully I will be able to get out tomorrow - thinking its about time to explore the library - that probably sounds more exciting to some than others - and I think in a day or two I will venture to the farmer's market.

This is also probably more exciting to some than others, but we purchased our first lawn mower yesterday. Adam was like a kid in a candy shop....and of course the mower is bright red and probably has way too many features for our tiny little lawn. But it is OUR lawn mower and we feel so grown up now to have this new responsibility. (The lawn does look much better now - I have to say. Between the weeds that were by now up to our knees and the bird-sized flies in the back yard; it was resembling a jungle.)

I am still waiting for my nursing license to come in the mail - we are praying that it comes by Friday so I can start orientation on Monday. I decided to take the Hemodialysis position with McLeod. I will be working 6a-6p three days a week, and on-call Sundays periodically. Not that I really want to start - but it would be nice to have something to do here. Please pray that the Board of Nursing hurries up!

Have a great day!!

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment