Saturday, August 1, 2009

Week One

Hi!

My first week of employment at McLeod is done. It wasn't my favorite week, considering I had to wake up early every morning and sit through a week of Skills Lab and orientation....but I'm not complaining, it was easy and I got paid for it. Adam has been keeping busy this week as well with the finish of the Dixie Youth Little League tournament and the start of two-a-day practices. He's actually really been enjoying football practice, the kids and the coaches.

Today Adam had practice early (6 am), but after that we took to exploring Florence a little more in depth. We also headed out to the Farmer's Market. My new favorite place in Florence!!! Ok, so I had this idea that the farmer's market was going to be like a whole bunch of fruit and vegetable stands that you see on the side of the road all put together in one place. But nooooo.....there is this huge barn (like a football field long) that has a drive that runs right down the middle of it and the stands are lined up on either side of the drive. You can drive your car right into the market and pull up next to the stand/growers that you like best. They have everything you might want out....peaches, green beans, lettuce, peppers, corn, orka, potatoes, sweet potatoes, tons of watermelons, jams, fresh flounder and shrimp...etc. I do believe I have a little of my father in me considering I loved just walking through all the produce and admiring how good it all looked. I will try to remember to bring my camera next time and take a picture of the market, you have to see it to believe it.

Hope you all had a great week! Enjoy your weekend!

Til next time...

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment