Sunday, August 30, 2009

Well it's Sunday....and I try to post every Sunday so...here you go. Unfortunately (yet fortunately) our lives have settled down here in Florence. We are starting to find our routine, starting to feel more and more like home, and starting to meet friends and build relationships. This is all good, and a natural and desired part of moving to a new city, but unfortunately it's no longer all that interesting. We've put new adventures and discoveries on the back-burner for now, and instead go to work, come home, and do it all over again. So...I wanted to forewarn you all that blogs may be few and far between because really lets be honest...you probably don't want to read about Adam's football schedule each week and what days I had to wake up really early and what days I slept until 12.

So all my excitement over my kittens was a little premature....they all ran away. I haven't seen any of them in over a week. The other day we did have a couple of stray dogs in the backyard...and no, we are not going to feed or adopt them.

Adam and I have started browsing the housing market in Florence - partly for fun and partly to look to buy. It seems it's the thing to do right now (Congratulations Tim and Ash and good luck Jon and Jen). Florence may not be our home forever, but it would be nice to stop renting and own our own home. That would be a significant prayer request - We don't know that plans the Lord has for us - but we would like to settle somewhere, and for now it looks like Florence.

Football season is in full swing now and therefore Adam is quite busy each evening at the High School. Practices go quite late here, and I go to bed pretty early to wake up at 5 some mornings, so please pray that Adam and I still are able to find quality time to spend together. We are so thankful for Sundays - we both have them off for sure, and get to catch up with each other.

Well it's been almost two months since we left Michigan, and no we aren't totally comfortable in our new city, but we have come along way. The streets are starting to feel like our streets, we have new places to go get our hair cut, new restaurants we love, and a few new friends. We're starting to settle into our routine. Thank you for all your prayers that have gotten us this far. I'm not sure when you'll hear from me again so.....til next time!

love you all,

Leah

1 comment: